- These iPhone cases are pretty cool (I especially love the 3rd and 6th ones!).
- Excited to try these recipes: skinny green monster smoothie, mini lemon meringue pies, crunchy oven-fried cheese ravoli, baked buffalo chicken taquitos
- If Carrie Underwood’s musical talent wasn’t reason enough to like her, you can add pet rescuer to the list!
- I can’t wait to try making my own beautiful bouquet.
- Loving camel as a color for everything and anything lately…although this nude and neon mix is giving camel a run for its money!
- Super pumped for Mackenzie’s new online shop!!
- This how to on styling bookshelves by Glitter Guide has me inspired.
- Why you should get a dog and do a crossword puzzle.
- This townhouse is awesome! I would totally live there.
- Need some winter nail inspiration? Look no further!
- Twelve simple tips for strengthening your relationship (Dan and I definitely have 5 and 11 down, but will have to figure out 8 someday!)
- My favorite recent Hello Giggles posts: one, two, three, four
- This video made my day! (A CUP OF JO always has great posts, but this week was top notch!)
- Would you (or did you) ignore any of these wedding traditions? We’re not which ones will be incorporating yet ourselves!
- Speaking of weddings, my favorites of the week: one, two, three. Also, an awesome bridal shower!
A lot of people don’t like Valentine’s Day, noting that it is mostly just an over-commercialized holiday that puts a lot of pressure on people to have some sort of big romantic night. I don’t care about those points; I love Valentine’s Day anyway. I always have, even when I was little and Valentine’s Day was just about collecting Pokemon and Snoopy cards from your classmates. I love the idea of a day that is devoted to romantic love, but that can also be used to celebrate the love you have for your family and friends in a cute and goofy way. PLUS Valentine’s Day always means chocolate, fluffy stuffed animals, mushy movies, and yummy meals. What’s not to like? ; )
Today the 84th Academy Award Nominations were announced. Full of opinions, I went to write a blog post about my thoughts when I realized I had not done a full recap of the movies I had seen in 2011 and my overall rating of them (like I did for 2010). Better late than never, right? Especially since some of these have been nominated for an Oscar and a lot of them have or will be released on DVD soon. So, without further delay, today I’m posting about my favorite 2011 movies, and tomorrow I’ll be discussing the Oscar nominations. Here we go!
consideration for the my top three movies of the year list)
- The screenshot above – it cracks me up every time I read it!
- Watching wild animal segments on my favorite morning shows (like Good Morning America and Live with Kelly)
- Nights spent simply chatting with hilarious and supportive friends
- Curling up with my Kindle and a big cup of tea
- Going to pick up my wedding dress, trying it on, and having to order the next size down instead : )
- Delicious meals at my favorite local restaurants (like here and here)
- Awesome performances by my swimmers at an invitational meet this past Saturday
- A new pair of gray boots and a gray and white jacket from my fiancé
- Hearing favorite songs on the radio
- Breaks in the crazy winter weather that make it easier to walk the dogs
It’s finally starting snowing significantly on a regular basis in Cleveland. Mother Nature seems to want to catch up on all the snow she didn’t send earlier this winter, and when it’s not snowing, it’s either raining or super windy. All this cold and messy weather makes me want to curl up with a good book (like all seven Harry Potter novels for the millionth time) and a cup of tea (like this), while decked out in one these comfy but stylish sweatshirts:
It has been way too long since my last haircut. As a result, my hair has had plenty of time to grow past it’s usual “time to get a trim” mark and is longer than it has been in a few years. I can’t decide if I should commit to having long hair or revert back to my medium-length ways. My hair is a dark blonde color with some light streaks from the sun (although I do plan on highlighting it once I decide on a cut). My hair is naturally wavy, tends to get a bit frizzy in humidity, and is of medium-thickness, though more thin than thick. I do tend to wear my hair up a lot when I am running around for work, but enjoy styling it and wearing it down when relaxing.
Hello, everyone! How was your weekend? Mine was pretty great! I had Starbucks with a friend Friday night, spent literally all of the day Saturday at the conference championship meet with my swimmers (who did AWESOME!), and went to a bridal fair on Sunday.
- Still not sure what goals you want to make for the 2012 New Year’s, All Year Challenge? Check out these suggestions…or these ones, or these ones!
- Love this color palette of the week.
- Justin Timberlake may be engaged, but JC Chasez saved a baby! Big week for former NSYNCers, huh?
- I’m definitely looking forward to the publication of this series!
- Super inspiring success stories from one of my favorite magazines.
- Favorite Hello Giggles posts of the week: one, two, three.
- Favorite weddings of the week: one, two, three.
- This post on Makeunder My Life is so uplifting and comforting – it puts into words exactly how I hope to carry out this year and my goals for it.
- I greatly enjoyed reading through Daily Crush’s Highlights and Hopes series – check it out!
- Adore Laura’s letter to her 15 year old self.
- Recipes I can’t wait to try: herb crusted sweet potato bites, rum raisin cheesecake, Elvis panini, Crockpot chicken Santa Fe, and buffalo chicken pizza rolls.
- And lately I’ve had the urge to bake a cake…maybe I’ll decorate it similarly to this one.
- This year’s WGA nominations have provided me with more movies to add to my “to watch” list.
- I’m always so inspired by The Shine Project. If I could change one thing in the world, I would make education of all levels available to anyone who wants it, and 100% free, no loans or anything to pay back, as long the program (whatever it may be) is completed in its entirety. Don’t ask me how all that free education could be possible, I just know it would make the world a much better place for everyone. What would you change?