- 75 incredible photos of this century (so far).
- I am more excited about this piece of movie news than I have been about any film buzz in a long time!
- After reading Me Before You, I’ve been drawn to articles regarding death with dignity.
- LOVE this post.
- These observations on life as a 25 year old are definitely true.
- 7 signs divorced couples said they missed.
- Kate Middleton, you have competition for being my style icon.
- 100 ideas for date night.
- Glitter Guide’s favorite fall posts.
- 24 interesting facts about being a parent in the U.S.
- Weddings I loved: 1, 1.5, 2, 3.
- Recipes I want to make: banana chocolate mug cake, quinoa crusted fish and chips, brown sugar pull apart bread, pumpkin mac and cheese, spooky boo brownies, French lentils with lemon shrimp and asparagus, pumpkin pie chia pudding parfaits, spanakopita stuffed spaghetti squash bowls.
- 15 ways to stay married for 15 years
- 5 resources for launching a small business
- 13 ideas for making extra money
- 6 ways to slim down a restaurant order
- 22 rules everyone should live by
- 5 tips to stay on track with exercise goals
- 10 love lessons from elementary schools
- 26 slang terms from the 1920s that we should seriously consider reviving
- 5 hints for waking up earlier
- 13 ways Lisa Frank predicted the future
- 20 Instagram accounts to follow
- 8 habits that promote heart-health
- 10 adorable dogs who are also superheroes
- 5 ideas for cheering up during the weary winter
- 26 ways to have an awesome weekend
Have a wonderful weekend, my dears : )
Hey, everyone! How are you? I hope your week is off to a fabulous start. I’m feeling well myself! I’m enjoying participating in the 31 Day Blog Challenge. Today’s prompt: Best childhood memory.
I don’t know about you, but to me childhood means elementary school years. When I thought back on them, even though I had amazing teachers at a wonderful schools that I have great memories of, unsurprisingly, most of my favorite childhood memories involve summer!
- Moments with my siblings: going to the public pool and library with our mom, listening to the cassettes of The Phantom of the Opera and acting it out with Beanie Babies, playing Zelda and Diddy Kong Racing on N64, walking our dog Charlie and going to Zero Zest, laughing while my mom played piano beautifully and Charlie howled along, family traditions on holidays, etc.
- Family reunions in Port Clinton (photo above) where my cousins and I would get super tan, swim all day, eat ice cream, play crazy games, make random friends, watch my dad build elaborate sandcastles, prank call our aunt and uncles, go tubing, get kicked out of Wendy’s, go bowling, and so much more.
- Fun times with my friends: creating memory boxes and hiding them under the porch, pretending to train and take care of Santa’s reindeer at recess, Brownies meetings and activities, playing Barbies and singing along to *NSYNC, inventing variations of baseball that we could play in the driveway, actually playing baseball on summer rec teams, going for bike rides, and lots more.
What are some of your favorite childhood memories?
…feel like summer has been moving way too fast?
…feel strange with unpainted fingernails?
…have trouble sleeping without their dog (or cat) cuddled up next to them?
…wish the summer Olympics happened more frequently than every four years?
…love kicking back with a bowl of popcorn and a funny movie after a long week?
…think it’s just as fun to go through the drive-thru as an adult as it was as a kid?
…feel like they could eat Mediterranean cuisine for every meal for the rest of eternity?
Hello, everyone! How was your weekend?
Mine was interesting! Wednesday night I arrived at my cousin’s house. Starting on Thursday and ending Monday (with a brief break in between while a family friend relieved me), I watched her three sons and dog while her and her husband went on a well-deserved vacation (that’s their dog pictured below excitedly awaiting the boys’ return from school). While I of course had fun, it was definitely a learning experience. Here’s what I discovered while hanging with three boys ranging from kindergarten to fourth grade:
- Catch is the best game ever. Inside, outside, basketball, bouncy ball, tennis ball – anything!
- If you aren’t playing catch, then you should be playing basketball with the mini hoop in the basement, kickball in the driveway, or touch football on the lawn while mocking your 22-year-old babysitter for not understanding all the terms you are using.
- Macaroni and cheese is the best dinner option, while oatmeal with dinosaur eggs is the best breakfast choice.
- Beverly Hills Chihuahua 2 is an optimal movie selection.
- When you go to McDonald’s and ask a six-year-old what he wants, and he says a cheeseburger, you should ask what he wants on the cheeseburger. Otherwise McDonald’s will put cheese, onions, pickles, and ketchup on it, and while you are driving home you will keep hearing exclamations from the backseat as each unwanted addition is discovered (good news though: the dog likes any sort of cheeseburger).
- If you spend Friday night all piled into the biggest bed watching baseball together, all three boys will fall asleep and you will be left to find a new bed in which to sleep.
- Also, if you attempt to cuddle with a 100+ pound white German shepherd the same way you cuddle with a 40 pound beagle-mix, you might just end up with a bloody nose at 1AM. This will also scare the dog, who will run away and sleep under the bed the three boys took over and you will be completely left on your lonesome.
- You become much more patient and sociable in the morning once you have had some coffee (all right, so I already knew that, but it was adamantly confirmed).
- Adele’s music is the perfect thing to sing along to on car rides.
- You should have way more than 11 games on your iPhone.
P.S. I have a new appreciation for the show Home Improvement.
- Have you heard Avery’s story? If you only click on one link in this post, click on this one. What a heartbreaking, but meaningful and inspirational story. I hope to find ways to support this cause and that others do the same!
- Recipes I want to try: chicken caesar kabobs, honey breadcrumb asparagus, cookie dough ice cream sandwiches, and twix brownies
- If teaching and coaching doesn’t work out, can I please be a panda matchmaker?
- Love this how-to guide for ombre nails – definitely want to try it!
- This looks perfect to me.
- I really love The Everygirl and I can’t wait for wedding week next week!
- Books to read if you want to become more financially literate.
- I’m loving Fabulous K’s new series 10 Things!
- An interesting post about living alone.
- I would love to try this DIY for Roman shades!
- Five ideas for excellent Mother’s Day fun and gifts
- Favorite Hello Giggles posts of late: 1, 2, 3
- Favorite weddings of the week: 1, 2, 3