- Dan, my amazing husband
- Madison, Frieda, and Harriet, our wonderful pets
- My fantastic family, my parents, siblings, in-laws, and extended relatives – they’re all extraordinary
- My excellent friends
- A challenging and rewarding job
- Buying our incredible house!! : )
- Getting to travel for through my job – to places I’ve never been, like San Francisco, and to places I’ve been to but got to discover new parts of, like Washington, D.C., and New York City
- Books (I met my reading challenge of reading 30 books this year! I’m setting the same goal for next year)
- Lots of coffee
- Rehabbing my knee
- Trips to Columbus, Madison, OH, and Bowling Green
- Hosting family and friends on trips to Cleveland
- Indians, Cavs, and Columbus Crew games
- Being diagnosed with celiac disease and starting to feel better
- Fun nights playing Mario 3D World and Mario Kart
- Meeting Matthew Dellavedova
- Easter dinner at my grandma’s house
- Many walks in the park
- Trips to the movies with Dan and my dad
- Getting new glasses and a new haircut
- Attending showers for friends’ babies and weddings, and celebrating those terrific life changes with them
- Learning to like running
- Sitting on our deck
- Visiting the Cleveland Zoo
- Board game parties at my sister-in-law Cate’s apartment
- Suppers at my parents’ house
- Biking all over
- Finally getting to visit the National Air Force Museum in Dayton, OH, with Dan
- Cooking in our new kitchen
- Watching football games and English soccer games
- Decorating our house for the holidays
- Back to the Future themed Halloween costumes with Back to the Future movie marathon leading up to it
- Hosting Thanksgiving dinner for our families in our new home
- A wonderful Christmas weekend with our families and time together approaching the new year : )
And of course, hundreds of little moments that bring a smile to your face every day – blaring Adele in the car and singing at the top of my lungs, naps under the electric blanket with my cat laying on my side, laughing with my husband over something silly, brunch after church, playing with my dog. My main focus in 2016 is to flourish – to focus on becoming healthier, growing in my faith, spending time with my family, and just plain enjoying and celebrating life.
What were your favorite moments of 2015? Any goals or hopes for 2016?
The week of 7/26-8/1 was week seven of Fit By 27. I restarted #Workitout100 again. This is probably the fifth or sixth time I’ve begun this challenge since learning about it. I will keep restarting it until I finally complete it. I am determined to finish it eventually…and even more so that this will be the round it does!
WORKOUTS THIS WEEK:
- Sunday, 7/26: Couch to 5K (working on number 8 on my fitness bucket list).
- Monday, 7/27: 30 one legged squats on my “bad” knee for therapy, 10 lunges on each leg, 40 sit ups, 20 plie squat with side leg lifts, and a 2 minute plank.
- Tuesday, 7/28: Couch to 5K
- Wednesday, 7/29: Day 2 of the Blogilates for Beginners calendar
- Thursday, 7/30: Couch to 5K
- Friday, 7/31: Walked over 10,000 steps this day, plus the previous few days (according to my Fitbit). Decided since I at least made it over 10,000 steps I could count this day as an “active rest day” and still part of Workitout100, as long as I got back to a dedicated workout the next day.
- Saturday, 8/1: Set up my bike on the trainer and biked for 30 minutes, plus did 50 squats.
- Sunday, 8/2: Walk with Dan.
NUTRITION THIS WEEK:
My mission is to eat for health!
Last Sunday, I sat down and looked over both the 21 Day Fix nutrition plan, which I love for its color-coded containers that make portion control simple, and the Tone It Up nutrition plan, which outlines which food groups to eat for at each meal throughout the day to optimize your energy and health. I figured out the best way for me (with my work schedule and dietary needs) to fit my 21 Day Fix container allotments into the TIU meal structures. Once I did that, planning my meals out for the week suddenly and finally became much less overwhelming to me. And, I stuck to my meal planning pretty well! Totally stuck to it through Wednesday, and then switched a couple meals out on Thursday and Friday. Saturday was a much more relaxed day with a treat or two, but I was back to following my Fix + TIU plan on Sunday.
WEIGHT AND MEASUREMENTS THIS WEEK:
I am down about 2, 2.5 pounds.
If you’d like to follow my Fit By 27 journey more closely, follow me on Instagram under the username @kcd_fit.
*First image created with the Rhonna Designs app.
Dan and I at our first Indians game of the season this weekend!
- Reflections on five years of marriage. Love it : )
- Dan was the one who first showed me this video. Hilarious.
- Outfits I adore: 1, 2, 3.
- This poem. Lovely.
- Relieved to know other people Google this fact a lot as well!
- This post about rescuing dogs left me in tears – a must read.
- Weddings I love: 1, 2, 3.
- How to find the best lipstick for you.
- Mackenzie’s spring to-do list sounds pretty darn fun.
- Daffodils, yes please.
- I sorta love this pink bathroom.
- How to make your own patterned photo mats.
- Enjoyed Jessica’s post about making moments special…and the decadent milkshake recipe that accompanies it ; )
- Recipes I want to try: skinny Meyer lemon mousse, seared shrimp salad with jicama, strawberries, and avocado, raspberry creme brulee, mango salsa, raspberry banana smoothie, ham and pineapple fried cauliflower rice, almond banana dragon fruit smoothie bowl, no bake oatmeal raspberry cookie sandwiches, and spicy shrimp tacos with garlic cilantro lime slaw.
Your browser does not support the video tag
Your browser does not support the video tag
- The photo above, which is my church’s weekly bulletin, because it shows the church’s weekly schedule for this week includes Dan and I’s wedding!!!!
- A good book
- Funfetti cake
- Singing loudly while driving my car
- Early Sunday Starbucks treat
- Visits with and calls from great friends
- Finding a hilarious new favorite TV show
- Sunshine and cool breezes
- A clean house
- A happy Madison
What is making you happy as of late?
For the month of March, I am participating in Fabulous Finds by Tiffany’s 31 Day Blog Challenge. Today’s prompt: Bucket/life list
I have definitely made bucket lists in the past, but (1) I made them years ago and my likes, dislikes, hopes, and wishes have changes since then and (2) I have no idea where any of them are anyway. So I just rewrote it, including what I am sure is some of the same and definitely some different. I had a lot of fun making my list and I’m looking forward to both crossing items off and adding more things onto it.
- Travel outside of North America
- Write a book
- Host a fancy Thanksgiving dinner
- Learn another instrument (I know how to play violin and alto saxophone)
- Break 1:00.00 in the 100 freestyle (This is definitely the most “up in the air” item on my list)
- Earn a masters degree
- Fund a scholarship
- Own, renovate, and decorate my own house
- Climb a mountain
- Visit as many national parks as possible
- Go to Hawaii
- Become known for a very delicious signature dish
- Learn another language
- Swim with dolphins
- See a Broadway show with its original cast
- Perform again. In a band concert, a play, something.
- Learn a crafty skill and use it at least once to do something nice for someone else
- Be hired as a full-time teacher
- Learn how to change the oil in my car
- Go whitewater rafting
- Revise, further develop, and publish my Honors Project
- Go fishing
What’s on your bucket list?