- 15 best romantic comedies.
- Someday, I hope that I can travel to here. And here. Or spend a few weeks on a boat like this one.
- Outfits I adore: 1, 2, 3.
- This list of things to do in the autumn is awesome.
- I am loving these pins. Now I just need some blazers…
- Why everyone needs to learn how to take a compliment.
- Top tips for staying safe with social media.
- Netflix has figured out which episode will hook you.
- How long it takes people around the world to buy an iPhone.
- I need to get better about this.
- These drawings are beautifully adorable.
- Weddings I love: 1, 2, 3.
- This interview makes me love Lena Dunham even more.
- Recipes I want to try: raspberry caramel chocolate cups, slow roasted cod with brown sugar pineapple glazed acorn squash, guiltless candy bars, caprese BLT balsamic roasted portobello mushrooms, caramel apple milkshake, expresso martini, gluten-free corn dogs, balsamic grilled pears with coconut-cardamom cream, and Thai chicken and broccoli salad with peanut sauce dressing.
Enjoying our new outdoor space so much!
- This DIY copper clothing rack. Awesome.
- Guess I love copper lately, because here is more DIY copper stuff.
- Misty Copeland as a role model. Who are your role models?
- I can’t get enough of Princess Charlotte’s christening photos.
- How to make product collages for your blog.
- Outfits I adore: 1, 2, 3.
- Seven ways to decorate with pink at home.
- Have you seen ESPN’s Body Issue yet? Beautiful and inspiring. Plus, some quotes from the athletes who posed.
- Tips on how to store wine for years or just a few days.
- Well, obviously I need to go to London next summer.
- Honest fitness class descriptions. Hilarious!
- Weddings I love: 1, 2, 3.
- The lessons Julia learned in her 20s.
- Recipes that I want to try: arugula kale reggiano salad, apricot chicken, dirty rice stuffed peppers with red sauce, grilled shrimp and pineapple skewers, caesar zucchini noodles with lemon parlsey chicken and tomatoes, avocado and lumb crab salad, and baked paleo chicken tenders.
Have a great weekend!
For the month of March, I am participating in Fabulous Finds by Tiffany’s 31 Day Blog Challenge. Today’s prompt: What’s on your iPod?
There is a lot on my iPod. I listen to several different genres of music. I make playlists and then listen to them ad nausem. I get on kicks where all I listen to is a particular album. Still, there are certain songs I listen to more than others, mainly for comfort or because I am pretending to perform. It also summarizes the type of music I enjoy most pretty decently, though of course some things are missing. These are the top 25 most played songs on my iPod:
- Vienna – Billy Joel
- Feels Like Home – Chantal Kreviazuk
- Desperado – The Eagles
- Bless the Broken Road (acoustic) – Rascal Flatts
- Let It Be – The Beatles
- Heartache Tonight – The Eagles
- Lovin’, Touchin’, Squeezin’ – Journey
- The Boys of Summer – The Ataris
- To Make You Feel My Love – Billy Joel
- Brand New Day – Joshua Radin
- Good and Broken – Miley Cyrus
- Hotel California – The Eagles
- Hold On – Michael Buble
- Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight) – Mamma Mia! movie soundtrack
- Up Around the Bend – Creedence Clearwater Revival
- The Climb – Miley Cyrus
- Iris – The Goo Goo Dolls
- Only the Good Die Young – Billy Joel
- Livin’ On a Prayer – Bon Jovi
- Weeping – Josh Groban
- The River of Dreams /Keeping the Faith/Only the Good Die Young – Movin’ Out soundtrack
- Lost – Michael Buble
- Summer, Highland Falls – Movin’ Out soundtrack
- Come Pick Me Up – Ryan Adams
- Hallelujah – Rufus Wainwright
What songs are in your top 25 most played?
- Recipes I want to try: peach bacon gouda grilled cheese sliders, baked blueberry French toast with amaretti crumble and blueberry maple syrup, zucchini tots, St. Louis style pizza
- I just adore Andrew Garfield. I loved these quotes from him (especially the one about Emma Stone)!
- Have you heard about Sjakie the baby sloth and the two-year-old girl who helped him out? Too cute!
- Christian Bale is pretty awesome. This survivor’s story is even more awesome.
- The colors aren’t anything too special, but the names of OPI’s fall shades are seriously hilarious!
- Speaking of fall and nail polish, here’s a sneak peek at what manis you’ll be seeing most come autumn.
- I cried reading this story of Eagle Scouts returning their awards.
- This slideshow made me sad : ( I really would like maple syrup, beer, chocolate, wine, & coffee to stay in my life!
- This house is gorgeous! I love this decorating style.
- I don’t particularly like this song, but I still enjoyed this video (Ryan Lochte lovers, please pay close attention at the 1:00 mark!).
- Stories with happy endings – especially involving dogs – are the best!
- Some favorite Hello Giggles posts: 1, 2, 3
- Some favorite weddings: 1, 2, 3
*Even though if they were it would turn me into a complete homebody and destroy my social life
Full House: Uncle Jesse + 80s/90s fashion and pop culture = worth the lesson music at the end of every episode
Home Improvement: Tim Allen at his finest + 90s Midwest suburbia at its finest = the cure for anytime I’m feeling homesick
Boy Meets World: Great group of childhood friends + Mr. Feeny = the schooling experience every 90s child wanted
The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air: amazing comedic ensemble cast + the ability to get serious without getting cheesy = perfect balance
Friends: dating and work catastrophes and successes + best friends = real life but way funnier
Seinfeld: crazy characters + crazier situations = a pretty amusing show about nothing
Will & Grace: witty dialogue + ridiculous rivalries = pure fun
(and my personal ultimate favorite)Golden Girls: four older broads living together + cheesecake = a hilarious show ahead of its time
What shows would spell disaster for you if they made it onto Netflix Streaming?
- Beautiful early summer weather
- Cuddling up with Dan and watching baseball games
- Having fun with Coca-Cola Freestyle machines
- Good hair days
- Taking photos in a photo booth
- Adorable cats like Peppermint getting adopted from the shelter
- Watching favorite episodes of my favorite shows
- Discovering new delicious and healthy recipes
- Picking up new nail polish shades
- Naps on the front porch swing
- Turning on the radio and hearing a favorite song
What is making you happy as of late?
- It looks like James Bond won’t be drinking martinis in the upcoming Skyfall.
- More reasons to adore Believeland – I mean, Cleveland ; )
- I had fun reading this Glamour blogger’s post about favorite movies – probably because I share a few! What are your favorites?
- I LOVE these fake comedy TV show nail polish collections. I wish they were real!
- Are you addicted to Pinterest? Trying to get in shape? Check out these must-follow fitness boards.
- It’s official, I’ve found my new favorite tumblr – it’s exactly how I imagining texting with Madison would be!
- A very interesting article about The Hunger Games and racist tweets. This article is a good one to read on the topic, as well.
- On a lighter note, behind-the-scenes on The Hunger Games hair-styling.
- 8 tricks for common hair styling issues that we non-film stars face.
- Baseball season is upon us! In addition to watching some games, check out Glamour and Cosmopolitan‘s round-up of MLB’s best-looking men (I would have added some more Indians players – Brantley and Kipnis, perhaps?).
- Tips for making your bedroom a stress-free zone.
- I’m glad that Bully has received a PG-13 rating. Are you going to see this movie?
- Harry the pygmy hippo is beyond adorable!
- Loving all the inspiration this best of real weddings feature provides!
P.S. Happy Easter to all who celebrate : ) Hope you have a great day!
- A new pair of jeans in my favorite style
- Browsing Pinterest and wedding magazines for cute ideas and useful tips
- Having a fun time at the Indians home opener (even though they lost the longest opening day game ever!)
- Delicious Breyers Blast Golden Oreo ice cream
- ABC’s new show Scandal
- Organizing my life by ordering a classy new planner (I have always used a hard copy agenda – I don’t know why I ever strayed!)
- Long walks with Madison using her new Indians leash
- Holiday weekends with family
- Finally getting my hair cut for the first time in a year!
- Driving with the windows rolled down and the radio turned up
What is making you happy as of late?
- Recipes I want to try: Sally’s rum french toast with maple syrup rum, cinnamon biscuits, avocado apple and arugula salad, banana birthday cake, Lucky Charms treats, all of these recipes with blood oranges
- Great article on the new buildings on campus at my alma mater, BGSU, and what it means for the state of Ohio.
- Awesome apps for book lovers.
- Interesting post about Irish wedding traditions.
- I might need to try some of these Hunger Games-inspired nail polishes.
- Happy 100th Birthday to the Girl Scouts of America! (well, it was Monday. But still!)
- I’m in love with this series on Carrots ‘n’ Cake called Blog Dogs. Similarly, tips for photographing your pet!
- The best 35 cameos in movie history.
- Encyclopaedia Britanica is no longer releasing print books.
- The ten funniest comedic lady tweets of the week.
- I’ll definitely be checking out this jewelry company, 31 bits, that works with women in Northern Uganda.
- Interesting article on earning money through blogging.
- I definitely want to try out some of these trainer-favorited abs exercises, as well as these leg and arms workouts!
- Favorite Hello Giggles posts of the week: 1, 2, 3, 4
- Favorite weddings of the week: 1, 2, 3