The week of 7/5-7/11 was week four of Fit By 27.
- Sunday, 7/5: 13.2 mile bike ride with Dan in the metroparks near our new house.
- Monday, 7/6: Day 1 of Week 2 of Couch to 5K (working on number 8 on my fitness bucket list). I ran outside for the first time in forever. I felt really self-conscious, especially because my shorts kept riding up, but I did it!
- Tuesday, 7/7: Walked Madison and did some physical therapy for my knee.
- Wednesday, 7/8: Began working on number 1 on my fitness bucket list by attending a group fitness class at my gym for the first time. It was beginner’s yoga and it was great!
- Thursday, 7/9: Day 2 of Week 2 of Couch to 5K. It wasn’t raining when I began, but it was by the end. I felt like such a badass! ; ) And this time I ran with spandex under my running shorts, and so even though they rode up, it didn’t bother me.
- Friday, 7/10: 9 mile bike ride with Dan in the metroparks near our house, bringing my total miles to 34.2 miles so far for my goal of biking 100 miles outside by the end of my fall break (number 9 on my fitness bucket list).
- Saturday, 7/11: Walk plus physical therapy for my knee.
NUTRITION THIS WEEK:
My mission is to eat for health!
I did a tops job of staying hydrated. Other than that…I have no good news to report. I sucked at eating for health this week, and I have no “acceptable” or “reasonable” excuse. I just did. Oh well, all I can do is forgive myself and move forward with greater determination and dedication.
WEIGHT AND MEASUREMENTS THIS WEEK:
Probably no surprise given my nutrition was totally off, but no news to report here either. I actually did not weigh or measure myself or anything this week. Some people may disagree with this, but I knew the numbers would not see improvement, and for me, to see no progress when I know exactly why I wouldn’t be seeing progress and I am already feeling disappointed in myself, that is not helpful. If anything, it leads to a spiral of negative self-talk and I just don’t have the time or patience for that anymore.
So, week four went really well on the exercise front, which is HUGE for me as I haven’t really had any sort of a regular workout routine other than physical therapy in the past several months. Looking forward to week five and beginning another challenge group that will have me using the 21 Day Fix nutrition plan, which I love! If you’d like to follow my Fit By 27 journey more closely, follow me on Instagram under the username @kcd_fit.
*First image created with the Rhonna Designs app.