I am admiring Lilly Pulitzer more and more. The patterns are bright, fun, and beautiful. I recently got an e-mail from the company (yes, I’ve hopped to that level of admiration) promoting their new iPhone 3G and 4G cases. Since I am a new owner of an iPhone, I was instantly intrigued. The cases are super cute (and reasonably priced). I’ve listed my favorites below. Now the only question is…which one to buy?!
How do you feel about Lilly Pulitzer? Do you have a fun phone case?
Photo 1, from Lilly Pulitzer e-mail promotion
All other photos, linked to source
Hello, everyone. How was your weekend? Mine was great! I saw Baldwin-Wallace College‘s fantastic production of RENT, which one of my best friends Sarah stage managed, and followed it up with a super fun sleepover with Sarah and our friend Kaylyn. I also saw my sister Jackie participate in Tri-C West‘s Student Theatre Showcase, which was hilarious. My family took my boyfriend out to dinner at Champp’s for an early birthday celebration. It was delicious! Other than that, I did some teaching things and took plenty of naps.
I must apologize to you all a thousand times over for the spotty posting last week. I thought things were going to be less crazy, but apparently they were still settling down. Thanks again for your patience and understanding. To make it up to you, I’m doing two posts today: this one, a belated mini-weekly gems list, and another one that’s – well, you will have to come back later to see! ; )
- Love this tribute to Presidents’ Day!
- As sad as I am that Steve Carell is leaving The Office, I’m excited for his upcoming projects.
- Inspired by the story of a flea.
- Laura is awesome – loved her posts on taxi wisdom and reading.
- Both of these recipes by Framed Cooks look tasty – egg sandwich with spinach, brie, and maple bacon & Vermont cheddar soup.
- What a adorable ad campaign!
- Kate Spade’s Live Colorfully color for February? Pink, of course!
Okay, so I will admit this post is a bit belated – it’s about my Super Bowl Sunday! I spent the evening with one of my best friends, Claire. I don’t have cable or a digital TV, so instead of watching the Super Bowl, we made dinner and watched Away We Go. Not too shabby of an alternative, if I do say so myself ; )
Pasta & Broccoli
– penne noodles (I recommend whole wheat)
– broccoli (frozen is fine)
– olive oil
– shredded mozzarella cheese
– Cook pasta as directed on box.
– Once the pasta has been in the water for a few minutes, you need to work on the broccoli. You should begin the broccoli before the water for the pasta begins to boil.
– If broccoli is frozen, warm it up in the microwave (my favorite frozen vegetable brand is Steamfresh).
– Once the broccoli is warmed up, pour some olive oil into a pan and saute the broccoli.
– Around this time, the pasta should be finishing up with its boiling. Drain pasta and return to pot. Pour in a bit of olive oil and add as much pepper as you desire.
– Add broccoli to pot with pasta.
– Add mozzarella cheese.
– Mix together broccoli, cheese, and pasta.
– EAT! Serve with a white wine and enjoy with good company.
*This dish is good both warm right after being made and cold as lunch the next day.
If you make this dish, please let me know what you think! : )
Is talent or hunger at work in this video? Either way, it’s pretty cute.
- Spending lots of time with family this weekend
- Day off yesterday due to Presidents’ Day (in honor of George Washington & Abraham Lincoln’s birthdays!)
- Having a day off today due to bad weather
- My boyfriend and our dog being okay after getting into an accident yesterday
- Knocking lots of things off my to-do list
- Having electricity (it went out this weekend due to the storm!)
- Coffee and dinner plans with friends this week
- Girls’ night with childhood best friends this weekend
- Parks and Recreation marathons
- New teaching clothes
- New magazines to read that were delivered while I was away from home
- An adorable cupcake-making gift bag from my boyfriend’s mom
- Getting enough sleep : )
What things are making you happy?
How was your week? Thanks or being patient with me this week when I took my sudden blog break. It was very much needed as this was the craziest and longest week of the year so far. However, I’ve come out of it feeling on top of things and optimistic. My Facebook status last night read: “First month of student teaching down…after some crazy & frustrating days, I feel like I’m finally on solid ground. Is teaching even more challenging than I thought? Definitely. Still worth it? More than I can say.” ♥
- Loving this fashionable bunny!
- How fun are these cha-cha-cha directions?!
- Entertainment news: first look at Andrew Garfield in his Spider-Man costume, interview & video with Topher Grace about Take Me Home Tonight, Tim Allen returning to TV!, Something Borrowed movie trailer, and road to the Oscars fun.
- Further proof Google is taking over the world: they now have awesome FREE wedding planning tools!
- Are you a Joseph Gordon-Levitt fan? If so, this tumblr is for you.
- The description and photo of this salad literally made my mouth water.
- Love love LOVE this idea and the adorable cookies that go along with it!
- Obsessed with Artessen.
- I can’t stop looking at photos of this garage converted into a home. I would totally live there!
- Adoring all the pink, & all the cobalt : )
Photo: delicious cookie cake the boyfriend
& I had for Valentine’s Day and for our two
year anniversary, which was this week : )
Hi, everyone. Sorry for the late post today and for not being an awesome blog reader/commenter the past couple weeks. My time has been totally taken up with student teaching (trying to learn the best methods for my students, learning how to plan and assess well in general, adjusting to the full-time job schedule of teaching, etc.), and when I haven’t been working on student teaching, I’ve been watching movies and sleeping in efforts to relax and not get sick. This week is going to be even busier, so I’m going to take a break from updating until Friday. I plan to be back full-force with some awesome posts next week. In the meantime, check out the blogs under recommended reads, have a great week, and enjoy the valentine from NPR below : )
the loves of my life cuddling away!
This week has been crazy: full of teaching ups and downs, a sore throat, two-hour delays due to low wind chills, and multiple trips to Starbucks. I am ready for the weekend! I plan on sleeping, crafting, getting my haircut, having dinner with friends, planning lessons/grading, job searching, and watching movies. What are your plans for this weekend?
A small list of weekly gems for you all…
- Entertainment news: article on the casting of a new Lois Lane, Meryl Streep as Margaret Thatcher, full list of pilots ordered by the major TV networks, and Julia Roberts as Snow White’s evil queen.
- Kate Spade has a tumblr. Be still, my heart!!
- Definitely enjoyed this interview with the Matchbook Magazine founders and this one with just Katie Armour.
- It’s interesting to see what celebrities were once roommates.
- Love the Makeunder My Finances series on MML.
- Have you heard of the Google Art Project? You must check it out. Incredible.
- This to-do list of Johnny Cash’s brought a smile to my face.
I now want a bunch of beagle puppies. Luckily I have my own beagle-mix to get me by : )