This past week (6/14-6/20) was my first official week of Fit By 27, since my first week of age 26 was spent chaperoning trip to D.C. and finishing the school year.
WORKOUTS THIS WEEK:
- Sunday, 6/14: Went to the gym. Biked for about 20 minutes or so, then I did Couch to 5K Week 1 Day 3 (working on number 8 on my fitness bucket list).
- Monday, 6/15: Completed the video for day one of Blogilates for Beginners calendar, at home (number 2 on my fitness bucket list).
- Tuesday, 6/16: A long walk with Madison, plus Bikini Arms 2014 Tone It Up workout, at home.
- Wednesday, 6/17: Love Your Body with Kettlebells Tone It Up workout, at home.
- Thursday, 6/18: Went to the gym. Went on the elliptical for 5 minutes to warm up, then did Couch to 5k Week 2 Day 1.
- Friday, 6/19: Went to the gym. Went on the elliptical for 15 minutes, went on the stationary bike for 15 minutes, and went on the rowing machine for 15 minutes.
- Saturday, 6/20: Went to the zoo with Dan in the morning and then went for a long walk with Madison in the park in the afternoon. Walked for a total of 6.5 miles that day (all measured by my awesome Fitbit!). Plus, we spent the evening packing because we are moving next week!!!! SO EXCITED! : )
NUTRITION THIS WEEK:
My mission is to eat for health, which to me means:
- Gluten-free, because, well duh.
- Eating fruits AND veggies every day, because I am a terrible adult and sometimes I forget to eat vegetables.
- Drink plenty of water to avoid negative effects of dehydration, like confusing thirst for hunger and generally being cranky.
- Keep a daily food and hydration diary so I can make sure I am actually meeting #2 and #3.
- Following the 80/20 rule of eating lean, clean, and green 80% of the time and relaxed 20% of the time, because while it is important to eat decent food for energy and health, sometimes chocolate is necessary.
I did not see as much progress on the nutrition front this week. I did a better job staying hydrated and with keeping a food diary, but I need to do better about things like ice cream (because it should be a treat once every week or two, not every other day) and I need to eat more vegetables (instead of the ice cream). I’m focusing mainly on workouts for now until we are moved into our new house and letting any issues with Mission Eat for Health slide since we aren’t really doing a massive grocery haul until we are moved into the new place.
WEIGHT AND MEASUREMENTS THIS WEEK:
No progress. I am not disappointed because even though I was working out every day, my eating choices were a bit too indulgent for any weight loss or inches to drop. Bright side – no gain. In any case, the phrase “abs are made in the kitchen” is certainly true.
Overall, week one went decently! Looking forward to week two! If you’d like to follow my Fit By 27 journey more closely, follow me on Instagram under the username @kcd_fit and MyFitnessPal under the username KellyMT.