In January I introduced the 2012 New Year’s All Year Challenge, in which I made broad “endpoint” goals for the year and explained that each month I will make specific small goals that are stepping stones to my endpoint aims. Each month I will also reflect on the previous month’s goals and efforts.
- Health: continue practicing new healthy eating habits and try the remaining six classes at my gym
- Finances: continue to read more about finances through LearnVest and complete a bootcamp (Take Control or Getting Hitched)
- Relationships: don’t judge others and carry out little kindnesses
- Wedding: Find a photographer!!!
- Career: apply for full-time positions as they get posted, start planning out pre-season plans for 2012-13 swim season, and review educational methods and theories
- Self-enrichment: practice gratitude
Health: I did well with my health eating habits! I kept food logs, measured my portions, and lost some weight. In fact, since my new nutrition plan began mid-way through July, I’ve lost ten pounds! : ) I did not do well with going to the gym, though, due to travel, illness, and preparing for my new job. However, I know I need to add regular exercise to my new health regimen if I want to (a) lose more weight, (b) do so at a more rapid but healthy rate, and (c) get even healthier and stronger. Finances: I did read more articles about saving and student loan debt, though I did not complete a bootcamp. Relationships: This goal is one I’ve been working on throughout 2012. I think I make some progress every month, but it’s one that I can always do better on, especially when I’m stressed and more prone to obsessing over my worries and becoming oblivious to the issues of others. Wedding: I did tons of research on photographers in the Northeast Ohio area within Dan and I’s price range, and we narrowed it down to our top choices. Career: I got a one-year job! and maniacally prepared for it. Self-enrichment: I did well practicing gratitude. Whenever I felt very stressed or down, I just started listing everything for which I am grateful.
- Health: continue practicing healthy eating habits and workout a couple times a week
- Finances: budget and make first student loan payment
- Relationships: show loved ones my love for them
- Wedding: Book a photographer and update to-do list/plans
- Career: find a rhythm/routine that works for teaching full-time and stick to it; finish preseason plans for 2012-13 swim season
- Self-enrichment: learn more about stress and anxiety and coping techniques