Cheering on my swimmers at a meet
- Working with 9-12 students on a regular basis
- Networking with administrators, coaches, and other school staff
- Gaining another state of Ohio certification (coaching permit)
- Improving organizational, communication, and managerial skills
- It’s all about developing the skills.
- And then developing the speed.
- It doesn’t matter if the team doesn’t beat their competitors as long as they beat the clock (in other words, a focus developing pride through personal best times rather than winning or losing).
- Makes students realize how much factors like diet, sleep, stress, and attitude can affect their success in swimming and other aspects of life.
- Also makes students realize they have to give true effort for true results.
- The best
Coaching high school swimming, at my old high school with a great athletic department staff and the greatest group of kids, was such an amazing, rewarding experience. I am sad the season is over, but so thankful I was able to be a part of it. I hope everything falls into place and I can do this for years to come! If you ever have the opportunity to coach, no matter the sport, please take it! You won’t regret it.