Okay, so I will admit this post is a bit belated – it’s about my Super Bowl Sunday! I spent the evening with one of my best friends, Claire. I don’t have cable or a digital TV, so instead of watching the Super Bowl, we made dinner and watched Away We Go. Not too shabby of an alternative, if I do say so myself ; )
Pasta & Broccoli
– penne noodles (I recommend whole wheat)
– broccoli (frozen is fine)
– olive oil
– shredded mozzarella cheese
– Cook pasta as directed on box.
– Once the pasta has been in the water for a few minutes, you need to work on the broccoli. You should begin the broccoli before the water for the pasta begins to boil.
– If broccoli is frozen, warm it up in the microwave (my favorite frozen vegetable brand is Steamfresh).
– Once the broccoli is warmed up, pour some olive oil into a pan and saute the broccoli.
– Around this time, the pasta should be finishing up with its boiling. Drain pasta and return to pot. Pour in a bit of olive oil and add as much pepper as you desire.
– Add broccoli to pot with pasta.
– Add mozzarella cheese.
– Mix together broccoli, cheese, and pasta.
– EAT! Serve with a white wine and enjoy with good company.
*This dish is good both warm right after being made and cold as lunch the next day.
If you make this dish, please let me know what you think! : )