Hello everyone! I hope your week is off to a good start. Mine is busy but going well!
A dear friend of mine teaches elementary school and recently asked her students about keeping cheetahs as pets. Here was the exact question and some of the students’ responses:
Do you think that is a good law that now prevents cheetahs from being kept as pets? Tell why or why not.
- “Yes, I think it is a good law that cheetahs are not pets because they might kill you.”
- ”Yes, I think it’s a good law because if you have a baby it might wake it up when it is sleeping.”
- ”Yes, I think it is a good law because some cheetahs may eat people.”
- ”Yes, I think it is a good law because they will need to be outside for so long that they will run away and it is going to be hard to catch them because cheetahs are very fast cats. They can run faster than you.”
- “Yes, I think it is a good law that prevents cheetahs from being kept as pets because the cheetahs could eat all the meat in you house.”
- “Yes, I think it is a good law because you might forget to feed it.”
- “No, I don’t think it is a good law because cheetahs are good protectors.”
- “I think they should not have that law because cheetahs can ride kids to school quickly.”