- They got married during winter break from The Ohio State University, where they met (even though they are both from Cleveland).
- They didn’t take a honeymoon. Instead they waited several months and then backpacked through Europe together.
- They’re both middle children.
- Every year on Christmas Eve, after my siblings and I would go to bed, they would stay up late wrapping all the presents from Santa and watch Scrooged.
- They have a double date every month with their friends – they see a play (as part of the Broadway Series in Cleveland’s theater district) and they go to Applebee’s.
I love my parents. They’ve been through so much together and have both been pillars of strength, love, intelligence, and humor for our family. They have always supported each other wholeheartedly and been united in supporting my siblings and me, and deserve all the best wishes possible on this day! Happy Anniversary to the best parents in the whole wide world! I love you!